Thursday, April 15, 2010

As Seen On TV

I am such a sucker!!! I hate to admit this - but I LOVE infomercials. LOVE them. I dont' know why. I just think maybe, maybe this time, it will really work.

Sometimes it's the shpeel done by Billy Mays (may he rest in Oxyclean) or Vince. Or maybe it's all the stuff you can get for $19.95. I don't know.

Tim bought ShamWows for all of our family because he loved the commercials and we thought Vince was a hoot! We didn't order the Slap Chop because I already have a Pampered Chef one. (although I might have ordered it just because of the "nut" comment! Tim and I just about lost it when he said that line.) I bought a BumpIT for Kristen and Tot just because it was on sale for a buy 1 tv infomerical item get one free deal. I kept the Green Bags for the veggies and gave Kristen the BumpIT. Little did I know, Tot LOVED the BumpIt commercial and wanted to buy one herself. Nana must be a mindreader!

So now I'm looking at Mighty Putty, Might Fix-It Tape, Mini Aqua Globes - and lets not forget Mr. Steamy - it steams up to release wrinkles in your dryer. "In minutes your clothes are ready to wear." I mean - how can you NOT buy these things? It's only $19.95 - and they are always throwing in something free. You can hold your breath and then hear the wonderful words of life . . . "AND WE'RE NOT DONE - THERE'S MORE!" I can't wait to see what they are going to offer me. What will they give me for $20 dollars? It's AWESOME.

I miss poor Billy Mays. Vince has disappeared. Who will fill the As Seen On TV void? What new products will imerge? I think I may have all my Christmas shopping done for the year. LOOK OUT family - Shamwows were just the beginning!

No comments: