Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Introducing: Raiden Grile

Little Raiden Grile is the newest grandbaby to be added to my little "flock" of babies. He was born on November 10, 2009 and weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 inches long. I think he is just adorable adn his little face looks just like his daddy's and his Papaw's.

Dean and his wife, Tamara, were able to watch Raiden's brother and sisters while Brandon took care of Jennifer. It is nice for Dean and I to be able to split the parenting duties with both kids - Tim and I were able to help Kristen and Dean and Tamara were able to help Bran and Jenn. The picture of Raiden was taken by Tamara and it is a beautiful one, isn't it?

I'm sure you have noticed the delay in my posting of little Raiden's birth - and yes, I am seriously deliquent. I was sitting in the doctor's office and was feeling very, very sick but held my phone in my hand during my visit. I told the doctor that I was waiting for the news and just as she was wrapping up her visit . . . my phone rang. Little Raiden had made his entrance into this world and I hung up the phone and shared the news with my doctor. LOL. Needless to say, I was sick for 2 weeks and just now realized how much time has passed and how many things went by unnoticed/neglected and/or back-burnered while I was out of commission. Thankfully, he's little and he won't feel bad knowing his Nana was almost a month late in her post. Poor little thing.

So, dear readers, this makes grandbaby number 7! God has certainly blessed me with a wonderful bundle of babies all 5 and under. I absolutely LOVE being a Nana and I LOVE each one of them. They all have little nicknames and each one has a special place in my heart. I'm certain that there will be more posts to come - so until then . . .

Little Eva now has short hair and is such a cute little thing - I call her Monkey


Torin is such a little cheeser - I call him the Torinator

Little Kyra is trying to drive but Eva isn't sure . . . I call little Kyra - well, Kyra Jean (after her great grandmother, of course. LOL.)

And last but not least - Little Raiden. His nickname is Scooter. Not sure why - and it may change - but for now, he's Scooter.

No comments: